Re: Limit + group + join

From: Merlin Moncure
Subject: Re: Limit + group + join
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Limit + group + join  (Tobias Brox, )
 Re: Limit + group + join  ("Jeffrey W. Baker", )
  Re: Limit + group + join  (Tobias Brox, )
  Re: Limit + group + join  ("Jeffrey W. Baker", )
 Re: Limit + group + join  (Mark Kirkwood, )
  Re: Limit + group + join  (Tobias Brox, )
  Re: Limit + group + join  (Stephan Szabo, )
  Re: Limit + group + join  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Limit + group + join  (Mark Kirkwood, )
    Re: Limit + group + join  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Limit + group + join  (Mark Kirkwood, )
    Re: Limit + group + join  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Limit + group + join  (Mark Kirkwood, )
      Re: Limit + group + join  (Tobias Brox, )
   Re: Limit + group + join  (Greg Stark, )
 Re: Limit + group + join  ("Merlin Moncure", )

Tobias wrote:
> Splendid :-) Unfortunately we will not be upgrading for some monthes
> still,
> but anyway I'm happy.  This provides yet another good argument for
> upgrading
> sooner.  I'm also happy to see such a perfect match:
>
>  - A problem that can be reduced from beeing complex and
>    production-specific, to simple and easily reproducible.
>
>  - Enthusiastic people testing it and pinpointing even more precisely
what
>    conditions will cause the condition
>
>  - Programmers actually fixing the issue
>
>  - Testers verifying that it was fixed
>
> Long live postgresql! :-)

In the last three or so years since I've been really active with
postgresql, I've found two or three issues/bugs which I was able to
reproduce and reduce to a test case.  In all instances the fix was in
cvs literally within minutes.

Merlin