Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in pgadmin - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in pgadmin
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
> > Is there any relatively easy way to, uh, prevent your users
> > from seeing
> > some/all of your pl/pgsql code in pgAdmin? :)  A by schema solution
> > would be ideal.
>
> Anything we did would be fairly pointless given that there's not much
we
> can do to stop them doing 'SELECT prosrc FROM pg_proc'. I suppose you
> could remove select permissions from the table, but I wouldn't be

I tried that.  While the server allows the revoke, it does nothing.

> surprise if that broke things horribly - it certainly breaks pgAdmin
and
> pg_dump.

I also tried hacking the search path and putting a pg_proc table into
the public schema. While this fixed select * from pg_proc (but not /df),
pgAdmin still pulled the function source.  Without checking, I'm
assuming pgAdmin prefixes the catalog tables in the metadata queries
(aside: should it?).

Well, I was hoping for some easy trick but apparently there isn't one.
I think this is one for -hackers.

Merlin