Re: row wise comparison broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: row wise comparison broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp> writes:
> > I guess this means that PostgreSQL does not fully support SQL's
> > row-wise comparison. We need to add this to the TODO list?
>
> I thought it was there already ... certainly this has been discussed
> before ...

This was discussed (including a possible implementation of the correct
behavior) at some length on the performance list a little over a month
ago.  I don't think it made it to Bruce who probably would have added to
the todo list...the consensus was the current behavior is wrong but
there were some concerns about backwards compatibility.
Merlin