Re: Speed of win32 port vs cygwin... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Speed of win32 port vs cygwin...
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Ati wrote:
> We have a linux laptop that refuses to connect to the projector, so I
> downloaded the win32 snapshot (this morning) and installed it under
> winXP.  Everything works fine... except for the speed. some queries
tokk
> significantly (read ~5 minutes) longer than what I got after giving up
> and installing the cygwin version.  Is there any reason for this?  It
> seemed to especially slow down when using large selects with IN ()
where
> the items in the IN clause used accented characters.  (large selects
> means multiple joins on multiple tables).
>
> Have there been any speed tests done, and if so, what's the status?

This may be a 7.4/7.5 issue, not a win32 issue.  Compare the query
plains from explain and look for differences.  Remember, you are running
a pre-beta 7.5.  It would be really helpful if you could compare your
queries on non-win32 7.5devel version.

Try sending results of explain in both versions.

Merlin