Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] ~ crashes backend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] ~ crashes backend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> "Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> > In the current build on the anon cvs server, if I try to \d a table
from
> > psql, the backend comes down.  I played with the query a bit and
> > discovered any query using '~' operator in the where clause on any
table
> > (catalog or otherwise) causes an immediate backend crash.
>
> > Can anybody confirm that this is not happening on a win32/non-win32
> > build?
>
> CVS tip works fine for me on HPUX and Linux.

The problem was gcc 3.4 for mingw.  I reverted back to 3.3 and it works
ok now.  No more pre-compiled headers, oh well :(  This is probably not
a problem with gcc, but with mingw.

I updated the binary build with the corrected version.

Merlin