Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL to PostgreSQL, was ENUM type - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL to PostgreSQL, was ENUM type
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jul 28, 2005, at 11:20 AM, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> What I think we need is a C program that dumps directly from MySQL
> into PostgreSQL sql.
>
> ie. Take the mysqldump source code and just modify its output.
>
> Will inherit the MySQL license though :(

Just the conversion program would, correct? If so, of course it
couldn't be bundled with the distribution, but that doesn't mean the
program wouldn't be useful. Seems like a natural for a pgfoundry
project.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com