Re: Monitoring database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David Stanaway
Subject Re: Monitoring database
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wednesday, January 16, 2002, at 07:09  PM, Roman Gavrilov wrote:

<excerpt>Yes I would like to see system tables, that is correct is
there any way to see all those tables.

For example in MySQL there is mysql database where you have all system
tables.

</excerpt>

Please read the documentation. I have already told you where to look.

But just incase you missed it:

$ psql template1

Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands

       \? for help on internal slash commands

       \q to quit

template1=> \?

 \a             toggle between unaligned and aligned mode

 \c[onnect] [dbname|- [user]]

                connect to new database (currently 'template1')

 \C <<title>     table title

 \copy ...      perform SQL COPY with data stream to the client machine

 \copyright     show PostgreSQL usage and distribution terms

 \d <<table>     describe table (or view, index, sequence)

 \d{t|i|s|v}    list tables/indices/sequences/views

 \d{p|S|l}      list permissions/system tables/lobjects

 \da            list aggregates

 \dd [object]   list comment for table, type, function, or operator

 \df            list functions

 \do            list operators

 \dT            list data types

 \e [file]      edit the current query buffer or [file] with external
editor

 \echo <<text>   write text to stdout

 \encoding <<encoding>  set client encoding

 \f <<sep>       change field separator

 \g [file]      send query to backend (and results in [file] or |pipe)

 \h [cmd]       help on syntax of sql commands, * for all commands

 \H             toggle HTML mode (currently off)

 \i <<file>      read and execute queries from <<file>

 \l             list all databases

 \lo_export, \lo_import, \lo_list, \lo_unlink

                large object operations

 \o [file]      send all query results to [file], or |pipe

 \p             show the content of the current query buffer

 \pset <<opt>    set table output  <<opt> =
{format|border|expanded|fieldsep|

                null|recordsep|tuples_only|title|tableattr|pager}

 \q             quit psql

 \qecho <<text>  write text to query output stream (see \o)

 \r             reset (clear) the query buffer

 \s [file]      print history or save it in [file]

 \set <<var> <<value>  set internal variable

 \t             show only rows (currently off)

 \T <<tags>      HTML table tags

 \unset <<var>   unset (delete) internal variable

 \w <<file>      write current query buffer to a <<file>

 \x             toggle expanded output (currently off)

 \z             list table access permissions

 \! [cmd]       shell escape or command

David Stanaway

Personal: david@stanaway.net

Work: david@netventures.com.au</fontfamily>