Re: Replace references to malloc() in libpq documentation with generic language - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Replace references to malloc() in libpq documentation with generic language
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 24 Oct 2023, at 07:13, Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:

> The user does not benefit from knowing that libpq allocates some/all memory
> using malloc(). Mentioning malloc() here has a few downsides, and almost no
> benefits.

I'm not entirely convinced that replacing "malloc" with "allocated on the heap"
improves the documentation.  I do agree with this proposed change though:

-      all the space that will be freed by <xref linkend="libpq-PQclear"/>.
+      all the memory that will be freed by <xref linkend="libpq-PQclear"/>.

--
Daniel Gustafsson