Re: identifying local connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: identifying local connections
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 15, 2010, at 9:05 AM, Steve Clark wrote:

> netstat -an will do it on linux.
>
> sockstat will do it on FreeBSD.
>
> What's OS X ? ;-)

Apple must use very different option switches for their netstat, because I see no way to get PIDs (which seems like a
prettybig oversight to me), and -an would not make sense:

-a      Include directory entries whose names begin with a dot (.).
-n      Display user and group IDs numerically, rather than converting to
             a user or group name in a long (-l) output.  This option turns on
             the -l option.

;-)

--
Scott Ribe