Re: pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kasia Tuszynska
Subject Re: pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-admin

Thank you both for your responses,

We are not running into the #7748 problem.

We are running into the following:

Pg_restore seems to be performing the restore in a single transaction so, if one object is dependent on another, than the second object restore will fail b/c the creation of the first one has not been committed yet, in our case these two objects are in two different schemas, so if we restore two schemas separately, in the correct order the first object will be created and committed by then.

The thing we have not figured out is why each data owner has to be a superuser.

Sincerely,

Kasia