Re: Slow query even with aggressive auto analyze - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Amit kapila
Subject Re: Slow query even with aggressive auto analyze
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Friday, February 08, 2013 6:06 PM Karolis Pocius wrote:

> I've tried changing autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor as well as setting
> job_batches table to auto analyze every 500 changes (by setting scale
> factor to 0 and threshold to 500), but I still keep running into that
> issue, sometimes minutes after the table was analyzed.

> I checked pg_locks to see if anything had granted=false, but that
>doesn't seem to be the case.

> This issue is occurring on two separate instances 9.0.4 and 9.1.4 - both
> have nearly identical settings, just run on a different hardware.

> Config changes http://pgsql.privatepaste.com/8acfb9d136

> Any ideas what is going wrong here?

I think you can verify in Logs whether analyze is happening as per your expectation.
You can set log_autovacuum_min_duration = 0, so that auto_analyze can be logged everytime it happens.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.