8.4 process killed- what sort of recovery options do I have? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Wells Oliver
Subject 8.4 process killed- what sort of recovery options do I have?
Date
List pgsql-admin

For whatever reason- investigations still pending- the postgres process froze up and I had to do a killall b/c pg_ctlcluster would not revive the thing. Everything seems to be in working order, but Id like to know if theres any kind of consistency check I should run in light of events. Also, whats the best way to track down the reason for the crash? Just get into /var/log/postgresql and poke around?

Thanks.

--

Wells Oliver

Developer, Baseball Systems

San Diego Padres | 100 Park Boulevard | San Diego CA 92101

619-795-5359