Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I was just trying to build using the src/tools/msvc scripts
> on windows, and I was wondering if there were any
> instructions on how to do this, what prerequisites there are,
> where to get them, etc.  I couldn't find any, but I may not
> know the correct place to look.

That's on my TODO list to write, but I haven't had the time yet. The
basic is that if you disable everything in the config.pl file, you can
run with almost no external dependencies. You'll need flex+bison if
buliding off CVS.
Oh, and it requires Visual C++ 2005. Should work fine with the Express
version.

If you need any specifics, feel free to ping me for it pending that
readme file.

//Magnus