Re: cygwin breakage (was: GPL Source and Copyright Questions) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: cygwin breakage (was: GPL Source and Copyright Questions)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > And why do win32 and cygwin now not include at all pg_config_os.h?
>
> It's a way to avoid the step to copy win32\port.h in msvc.
> configure copies it to pg_config_os.h. Since for win32
> platforms (unfortunatly, at this point it considers cygwin
> win32..)that will always be port/win32.h, it explicitly
> includes that one instead.

Attached simple patch reverts this, as it clearly broke cygwin.

Still can't get it to build on cygwin though, but I doubt it's the fault
of the win32 patch... With ./configure, I get:
checking for random... yes
checking for rint... yes
checking for srandom... yes

But if I look in the generated pg_config.h I have:
/* Define to 1 if you have the `random' function. */
/* #undef HAVE_RANDOM */

and similar for SRANDOM. This gives a "conflicting types for random"
between port.h line 314 and stdlib.h line 24.

Hopefully that's something broken in my cygwin environment only (a fresh
one installed, but I really don't know cygwin enough to comment on if I
broke something :-P), in which case someone with an already working
cygwin environment should be able to build again after this one.

//Magnus

Attachment