Re: Installing PostGreSQL automatically - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Installing PostGreSQL automatically
Date
List pgsql-general
>  tried calling the '-int' MSI but I get an error telling me
> "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing
> this package. This may indicate a problem with the package.
> The error code is 2711."
>
> This is my command line
>
> msiexec /i postgresql-8.1.msi /qr INTERNALLAUNCH=1
> ADDLOCAL=server,psql,docs SERVICEDOMAIN="%COMPUTERNAME%"
> SERVICEPASSWORD="SecretWindowsPassword123"
> SUPERPASSWORD="VerySecret" BASEDIR="c:\postgres"

You definitly should be using -int. You'll need to figure out what the
2711 indicates, that's an actual problem.

Try enabling logging and see if that helps you (with the -int), by
appending something like

/log install.log

And it should tell you waht is wrong.

//MAgnus