Re: psycopg2 problem with libpq.dll , Postgres 8.1.0 Win XP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: psycopg2 problem with libpq.dll , Postgres 8.1.0 Win XP
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hello.
> I was using psycopg2/Python with Postgres 8.0.4, on Win XP.
> Now, when I installed Postgres 8.1.0 and was trying to
> connect with Python/psycopg2, an error occured: "This
> application has failed to start because lipq.dl was not
> found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."
> What to do?

Make sure libpq.dll is available to your application. Either by adding the directory containing it to the system PATH
(ifyou're only ever going to have one version of postgresql on this machine), or by copying the file (and its
dependencies)to the directory of the application (if you want  to maintain the capability to have differnt versions on
thesame system).

//Magnus