Re: [PERFORM] insert performance for win32 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [PERFORM] insert performance for win32
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > I'm inclined to treat this as an outright bug, not just a minor
> certainly...
>
> > performance issue, because it implies that a sufficiently long psql
> > script would probably crash a Windows machine.
>
> actually, it's worse than that, it's more of a dos on the
> whole system, as windows will eventually stop granting
> handles, but there is a good chance of side effects on other
> applications.

Does it actually use up *handles* there? I don't see anything in the
docs that says it should do that - and they usually do document when
handles are used. You should be seeing a *huge* increase in system
handles very fast if it does, right?

That said, I definitly agree with calling it a bug :-)

//Magnus