Re: Query favourite comment - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Query favourite comment
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
> > After quite a while, I finally found the time to package a win32
> > snapshot. Some comments:
> >
> > 1) apparently, we need two iconv dlls now: iconv.dll for xml2 and
> > libiconv-2.dll for libpq. Hm...
>
> I suspect we can get down to one by compiling libxml2
> ourselves, however that would probably make building pgAdmin
> far more difficult. Lesser of two evils 'n' all that...

Can we link iconv statically? (That's what I did for my tests, that's
probably why I didn't notice it)

> > 2) When adding a favourite, the whole buffer is taken, not just the
> > marked area. This differs from the usual pgadmin behaviour (except
> > "save as").
>
> Yes, that seems a sensible change to make.

Hmm. Yeah.

> > 3) I would have expected more than just a "multiple clipboard"
> > function.
> > Why isn't the query executed immediately? Why does it replace the
> > buffer completely? Why not just executing it, or insert at current
> > selection?
>
> I don't think executing immediately is ever likely to be the
> best idea.

Definitly agreed. I use it to paste queries with placeholders quite
often.

> As for the replace vs. insert issue, when I tested it it
> asked me if I wanted to replace the query and gave me
> yes/no/cancel options, with No doing an insert.

That's what it's supposed to do. If it doesn't, then something is weird.

//Magnus