Re: Simplify Win32 Signaling code - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Simplify Win32 Signaling code
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> >unconditional use of
>> >support NT4
>that (which I
>2000+, not
>> >
>> >How should he make this change?  Test OS version or use a different
>> >feature?
>>
>> Test the OS version. The other feature that can be used is
>named pipes,
>> and that's what we have today ;-) All other kernel objects
>that we could
>> use all use the namespaces in the new format, but not back on NT4
>
>Do we have any place now were we test the Win32 version, that he could
>use as an example, or is this configure.in stuff?

It *must* be done at runtime. Because you use the same binary on NT4 and
more recent versions!

Nope, we don't have any checks like that today. It's fairly trivial, but
if examples are needed, look at pginstca.c in the pginstaller project
where we do this.

//Magnus