Re: New Chinese FAQ - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: New Chinese FAQ
Date
List pgsql-www
> > The output should be UTF8, and it should autodetect it. The output
> > from the *website* should *not* validate as gb2312, because
> it is no
> > longer in that encoding.
> >
> > The reason that's the only error you get may be that it doesn't
> > validate the document because of encoding errors. So this doesn't
> > prove (or disprove for that matter) that the tags are fixed.
> >

> Yes, I was using the doctype of HTML 4.0 when I tested, but
> when it was on the web site only then was XHTML Traditional tested.

I think yuuo are missing thep oint. The file that is in CVS does *not*
have to be XHTML. Actually, I'm not even sure it works as XHTML (it
should, but I haven't tested it). It has to be proper HTML v4, plus a
bunch of other restrictions. Basically it has to be the same type of
HTML as the other FAQs.

//Magnus