Re: Can't install plpython on Windows 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Can't install plpython on Windows 8.0
Date
List pgsql-general
>>> Probably the problem has to do with not finding the underlying
>>> language's DLL (eg, python.dll).
>
>> Do I need to install a particular version of python then? Is
>there any
>> further documentation that can help me with this?
>
>Darn if I know.  If the installer documentation doesn't tell you,
>I'd suggest griping at the pgsql-hackers-win32 list ...

The requirements are listed in the installation instructions at
http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org, bullet number 7.
The installer will autodetect if you have the prerequisites installed
when you put it in and disable the option to activate it during the
installation, but you're still free to add it later of course - assuming
you've installed perl/python/tcl by then.

In order to find out what is missing, please run "depends" on the
plpython.dll file (depends.exe is available in the Windows Support
Tools, which are on  the standard CD but not installed by default). It
will show you which imports are missing.

//Magnus