Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] explain analyze timings - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] explain analyze timings
Date
Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] explain analyze timings
List pgsql-patches
>> There is. I beleive QueryPerformanceCounter has sub-mirosecond
>> resolution.
>
>> Can we just replace gettimeofday() with a version that's basically:
>
>No, because it's also used for actual time-of-day calls.  It'd be
>necessary to hack executor/instrument.c in particular.

Here's a patch that does just this.

On my system, the counter resolution is 3192090000 ticks per second
(Intel Xeon CPU). On a AMD Athlon XP system, it's 3579545 ticks per
second (a lot less, but still way way way better than gettimeofday has
on win32).

I also hacked commands/explain.c to get the total runtime of the query
correct.

//Magnus

Attachment