Re: [BUGS] BUG #1414: DOC - pl/Perl hash tags missing - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #1414: DOC - pl/Perl hash tags missing
Date
Re: [pgsql-www] [BUGS] BUG #1414: DOC - pl/Perl hash tags  (Alexey Borzov <borz_off@cs.msu.su>)
List pgsql-docs
>> In the pl/Perl section of the 8.0.0 manual, as viewed on the
>postgresql.org
>> web site, all perl code hash tags seem to be missing.  i.e.
>
>Yeah, I see the same; but it's not in the devel docs.  Compare
>    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/plperl.html
>    http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plperl.html
>and look for instance at the empcomp() function about halfway down
>the page:
>    return $emp-> + $emp->;
>vs
>    return $emp->{basesalary} + $emp->{bonus};
>
>Any theories what's wrong here?

Going out on a line a bit here - and someone who've worked with teh
system probably knows for sure but... It looks like {} is used as the
template placeholder in the templating system on the website.

It would seem to me that the fix would be as simple as to set
$removeUnknownVariables to false when parsing the docs template, but I'm
far from sure at that. And I have no way to test it. And it might break
something else. End of disclaimers.

Anyway. If it helped one of the web guys in the right direction
(assuming it was right), then there was some point to this post ;-)

//Magnus