Re: Problem with pgfoundry ... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...
Date
List pgsql-www
> > Do we need to start thinking of an alternative scheme for
> getting this
> > out to people? I'd imagine the loads we see now will pale in
> > comparason to the loads we see once the final release goes out.
>
> Well, we have it on ftp, pgfoundry and bittorrent ... ftp
> means that all the mirrors have it also ... are these all
> mentioned in the announcements?

Yup:
"Once the mirrors sync up, this release will also be available from all
the postgresql mirrors in the subdirectory
projects/pgFoundry/pginstaller/."

It's not mentioned on the download page, that's probably why not
everybody uses it. That said, we've only racked up 471 downloads through
pgfoundry so far, I bet a lot of people have grabbed it from the ftp
anyway.

//Magnus