Re: build error in initdb on win32 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: build error in initdb on win32
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
>> How about this. If the required functions (which aren't
>*too* many) are
>> added to libpqdll.def, everything returns to working order.
>It does add
>> a slight maintainability issue - whenever a new binary is using a
>> function in libpq never before exported, it has to be added to
>> libpqdll.def.
>
>Yeah, I was assuming we'd have to do that.  (Does your
>existing patch do
>something different?)

Well, my existing patch just changes it to export only what's in
libpqdll.def. That's how I came across this problem.
I'll polish it up and include all the necessary functions in
libpqdll.def, then. There aren't that many, but a couple. I'll also try
to work out how to deal with the SSL vs non-SSL DLL issue while at it.

//Magnus