Re: BUG #1271: Installation problems (cannot execute initdb.exe) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #1271: Installation problems (cannot execute initdb.exe)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Steps taken:
> - Run the installation with a administrator user (I do expect=20
> the installation to complete!)

It should be complete once that is done.

> - The installation creates an user for the service named "postrunner"
> - Log off
> - Log in with the "postrunner" user
> - Run the installation. The installation fails during=20
> creation of the cluster, see below:=20

You shouldn't need to perform these two last steps. The installation is
complete once the Windows Installer sequence is done.

> -------------------------------
> Initdb.log:
> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by=20
> user "raf".

This means you have run initdb as "raf", not as "postrunner". ANd "raf"
is a local administrator on the machine. The installer will run initdb
with the account specifeid as the service user. If you need to run
initdb manually, you should do this with that same account, which must
not be an administrator.

//Magnus