Re: Updated logging config (was: Initial eventlog support on win32 ) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Updated logging config (was: Initial eventlog support on win32 )
Date
List pgsql-patches
>However, there certainly wasn't any reason that the syslog-vs-stderr
>switch couldn't be flipped on the fly; the only reason it's even
>PGC_SIGHUP was we wanted to enforce that all backends are doing the
>same thing at any given time.

Right.

>I was just wondering if the log_destination change had introduced any
>new constraints I didn't know about (in particular, what about
>eventlog?)

Shouldn't.
The eventlog is automatically initialised the first time it's called in
each process (using the static variable evtHandle). So it shouldn't make
any difference when you change it.

//Magnus