Re: initdb crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: initdb crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
> > Is anyone getting this crash when installing on ntfs an
> partition or
> > only on fat32?  I have gotten the initdb crash installing on fat32.
> > Used xcacls to set permissions and got no errors!
> > However if an app is making use of these acls, I would
> assume that  it
> > will crash.
> > Will try installing on ntfs partition soon.
> >

> Running on fat32 is just asking to be shot in the foot. If
> there is a simple check to detect it I'd favor having initdb
> and/or postgres refuse to run on fat32.

You can use GetVolumeInformation() (see MSDN). This will get you both a
set of binary flags you can check for the capabilities we want
(FS_PERSISTENT_ACLS will exist on NTFS only, for example), and a char
buffer with the name of the filesystem.

//Magnus