Re: Win32 development question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Win32 development question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Without checking into details, this sounds like it could be a broken ming/msys installation. Are you on the latest release version?

Also, check for the Makefile.port file manually. configure cleraly thinks it has created it... If it's not there, check if you can create symbolic links manually - I'd definitly lean towards broke mingw.

I haven't tried it since the 2-10-04 snapshot, but never had any problems before, and IIRC there hasn't been any changes to configure or the makefiles since then.

//mha
-----Original Message-----
From: Dann Corbit [mailto:DCorbit@connx.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 1:48 AM
To: PostgreSQL-development
Subject: [HACKERS] Win32 development question

I am wanting to fiddle with the latest Win32 stuff, using the Mingw tools.
Is it included in the current (2-17-04) snapshot?

I did a download of the tarball and expanded it.
I changed directory to the /postgresql-snapshot directory and performed a ./configure

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating GNUmakefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile.global
config.status: creating src/include/pg_config.h
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/tas/dummy.s to src/backend/port/tas.s
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/dynloader/win32.c to src/backend/port/dynloader.c
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/sysv_sema.c to src/backend/port/pg_sema.c
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/sysv_shmem.c to src/backend/port/pg_shmem.c
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/dynloader/win32.h to src/include/dynloader.h
config.status: linking ./src/include/port/win32.h to src/include/pg_config_os.h
config.status: linking ./src/makefiles/Makefile.win32 to src/Makefile.port
Make fails:

$ make
src/Makefile.global:275: src/Makefile.port: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `src/Makefile.port'.  Stop.
What is necessary in order to fool around with the Win32 stuff?