Re: Can't connect after restart - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Can't connect after restart
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
> > What's the value of
> > "listen_addresses" in your
> > postgresql.conf?
>
> UGH!! 5435... WHY??? I changed it to 5432 and it works (obviously).

Yay!

> As in most cases, it was a *stupid* thing, that I
> *should* have thought of checking out.

Well, at least it wasn't a bug, so that leaves us both happy now :-)

> We changed some settings in the conf file the first time we
> installed, and someone might have made a stupid typo. But
> when we reinstalled, we didn't change it. Is it an installer
> problem, or is it that pgSQL installer simply doesn't
> overwrite the conf file on a new install?

No, the installer doesn't touch the data directory, which is where the
config file sits.

> Another question: why did it work right after the install? Is
> the service started without the conf file the first time around?

Um. No. That's still weird :-) You are absolutely sure this was it?
Any chance the old postmaster was still around servicing requests
without having reloaded the config filE?

//Magnus