Re: Can't connect after restart - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Audrey Bergeron-Morin
Subject Re: Can't connect after restart
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
> What's the value of
> "listen_addresses" in your
> postgresql.conf?

UGH!! 5435... WHY??? I changed it to 5432 and it works
(obviously).

As in most cases, it was a *stupid* thing, that I
*should* have thought of checking out.

We changed some settings in the conf file the first
time we installed, and someone might have made a
stupid typo. But when we reinstalled, we didn't change
it. Is it an installer problem, or is it that pgSQL
installer simply doesn't overwrite the conf file on a
new install?

Another question: why did it work right after the
install? Is the service started without the conf file
the first time around?

One thing left to do: restart  the machine and make
sure it works.

Again, I can not thank you enough for your help and patience.