Removing Kerberos 4 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Removing Kerberos 4
Date
Re: Removing Kerberos 4  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
List pgsql-patches
This patch removes Kerberos version 4 support from the backend and
libpq. Per previous mail, I sent a mail to both hackers and -general
about a month ago asking for ppl who use it, for zero responses. I also
looked back in the archives and it seems it has been asked before and
also not responded, so I think it's safe to say it's not in widespread
use ATM. Finally, kerberos version 4 is deprecated by the kerberos
people - for security reasons amongst others.

Anyway. Here's the patch.

(only configure.in touched, my autoconf is the wrong version so it
generates huge diffs)

//Magnus

Attachment