SSL test using psql fails - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Patricola
Subject SSL test using psql fails
Date
List pgsql-novice

set up server.crt, root.crt and servery.key in postgresql (using http://howtoforge.com/postgresql-ssl-certificates for instructions), set ssl = on and restarted the service successfully.

However, as I test the connection with psql to see if it's running in SSL I get the following:

-bash-3.2$ psql -h localhost -U dbadmin
psql: could not open certificate file "/var/lib/pgsql/.postgresql/postgresql.crt": No such file or directory

I have the certificates stores in lib/pgsql/data/, where they should be, so what's the disconnect between the top example and the following one?

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/80/ssl.html explains how to test locally if running in SSL

David Patricola | Senior Cold Fusion Developer | Web Applications & Services | Jefferson Information Technologies

Thomas Jefferson Universtiy | Philadelphia, PA | 215.503.1715 (Office)