Re: Document DateStyle effect on jsonpath string() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Document DateStyle effect on jsonpath string()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sep 11, 2024, at 15:08, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Right.  I actually lifted the code from convertJsonbScalar in
> jsonb_util.c.
>
> Here's a more fleshed-out patch with docs and regression test
> fixes.  I figured we could shorten the tests a bit now that
> the point is just to verify that datestyle *doesn't* affect it.

Looks good. Although…

Should it use the database-native stringification standard or the jsonpath stringification standard? In the case of the
former,output should omit the “T” time separator and simplify the time zone `07:00` to `07`. But if it’s the latter
case,then it’s good as is.

Best,

David