Enable Syslog on Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bansal, Gaurav (Gaurav)
Subject Enable Syslog on Postgres
Date
Re: Enable Syslog on Postgres  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have installed Postgres 8.2.5 on windows xp machine using the windows installer. I am trying to enable syslogs on Postgres so that all Postgress logs should be forwarded Syslog server. I have installed Syslog server WinSyslog on the same machine.

I have modified 'log_destination' parameter value in postgresql.conf to 'syslog'. However, the database server fails to start and print following error message:

FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "log_destination": "syslog"

Also, I want to know how can I forward logs to a syslog server installed on a machine different from database server's machine.

Any help/ pointer is much appreciated.

Regards
Gaurav