Re: Non-superuser subscription owners - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Nov 1, 2021, at 10:58 AM, Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> ALTER SUBSCRIPTION..[ENABLE | DISABLE] do not synchronously start or stop subscription workers.  The ALTER command
updatesthe catalog's subenabled field, but workers only lazily respond to that.  Disabling and enabling the
subscriptionas part of the OWNER TO would not reliably accomplish anything.

Having discussed this with Andrew off-list, we've concluded that updating the documentation for logical replication to
makethis point more clear is probably sufficient, but I wonder if anyone thinks otherwise?

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company