Re: Additional minor pg_dump cleanups - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Additional minor pg_dump cleanups
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 3 Jul 2024, at 13:29, Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> wrote:

> With the function *getPublications* I think it would be good to free up the allocated memory?
>
>      }
> +     pg_free(pubinfo);
> +cleanup:
>       PQclear(res);

Since the pubinfo is recorded in the DumpableObject and is responsible for
keeping track of which publications to dump, it would be quite incorrect to
free it here.

> With the function *getExtensions* I think it would be good to return NULL in case ntups = 0?
> Otherwise we may end up with an uninitialized variable.
>
> - ExtensionInfo *extinfo;
> + ExtensionInfo *extinfo = NULL;

I guess that won't hurt, though any code inspecting extinfo when numExtensions
is returned as zero is flat-out wrong.  It may however silence a static
analyzer so there is that.

> Funny, the function *getExtensionMembership* does not use the parameter ExtensionInfo extinfo.
> getExtensions does not have another caller, Is it really necessary?

Yes, see processExtensionTables().

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Attachment