Re: missing chunk number 0 for toast value xxxxx - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robby Russell
Subject Re: missing chunk number 0 for toast value xxxxx
Date
List pgsql-general
On Aug 5, 2006, at 4:29 PM, Robby Russell wrote:

> I'm seeing this weird issue pop up on one a database.
>
> This seems to work...
>
> robbyonrails_typo_dev=# SELECT count(id) FROM contents WHERE title
> ~* 'postgresql' LIMIT 20;
> count
> -------
>     19
> (1 row)
>
> ...but these two seem to be causing an error now.
>
> robbyonrails_typo_dev=# SELECT count(id) FROM contents WHERE body
> ~* 'postgresql' LIMIT 20;
> ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for toast value 58441
>
> robbyonrails_typo_dev=# SELECT count(id) FROM contents WHERE
> body_html ~* 'postgresql' LIMIT 20;
> ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for toast value 58440
>
> I tried reindexing the table but it''s not going away. Any pointers?
>
> Robby

Thanks to the kind folks in #postgresql I was able to run a loop
through the database and find the corrupt row in the table and delete
it.

All is well!

Robby

--
Robby Russell
Founder & Executive Director

PLANET ARGON, LLC
Ruby on Rails Development, Consulting & Hosting

www.planetargon.com
www.robbyonrails.com

+1 503 445 2457
+1 877 55 ARGON [toll free]