idle in transaction - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Sriram Dandapani
Subject idle in transaction
Date
Re: idle in transaction  (João Paulo Ribeiro <jp@mobicomp.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc

I use postgres 8.1.2 database and postgres 8.1.404 jdbc driver .

I keep seeing “idle in transaction” connections on the postgres box all the time. The application logic closes all connections , so it makes me wonder if the driver is issuing a begin statement after every commit to leave a floating transaction open.

This is causing autovacuum to not finish (and hence I have to frequently issue database-wide vacuums to prevent the transaction id wraparound problem)

Any help here is appreciated

Thanks

Sriram