Re: speed up a logical replica setup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: speed up a logical replica setup
Date
Re: speed up a logical replica setup
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 29, 2024, at 6:11 PM, Euler Taveira wrote:
The options are:

(a) temporary replication slot: requires an additional replication slot.
small payload. it is extremely slow in comparison with the other
options.
(b) logical message: can be consumed by logical replication when/if it
is supported some day. big payload. fast.
(c) snapshot of running txn:  small payload. fast.
(d) named restore point: biggest payload. fast.

I don't have a strong preference but if I need to pick one I would
choose option (c) or option (d). The option (a) is out of the question.

I'm attaching a patch that implements option (c). While reading the code
I noticed that I left a comment that should be removed by commit
b9639138262. 0002 removes it.

--
Euler Taveira

Attachment