Re: Strange server error with current 8.0beta driver - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Strange server error with current 8.0beta driver
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Barry Lind wrote:
>> ERROR:  unrecognized node type: 25344832

> This type of error points to a bug in the server.

Right.  Could we see a test case?

If you did not build the server with --enable-cassert, try doing so;
that will probably make the error more reproducible.  I suspect that
you've found a problem with dangling pointers or some such, and the
variability depends on whether the referenced memory has been re-used
yet.  --enable-cassert turns on code to wipe freed memory immediately,
so it should make it easier to track down the query that causes this.

            regards, tom lane