Re: replication in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glyn Astill
Subject Re: replication in Postgres
Date
Re: replication in Postgres  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: replication in Postgres  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-general
It it possible to get a system that does syncronous replication and
also allows slaves to catch up if they're down for a period of time
like you can with asyncronous?

I'm just interested.

Of course a grid or a clustwer is better to makesure all servers are
in sync, but there's performance issues with the 2 phase commit isn't
there?

Just for the record I'm a programmer, not a database person really,
so  I only know the basics.