Re: trouble with mod_auth_pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: trouble with mod_auth_pgsql
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
cliff@cliffmeyers.com writes:
> I get this error during apache's make:

> gcc  -DLINUX=22 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DNO_DL_NEEDED `../apaci`   -o gen_test_char
> gen_test_char.o  -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib/ -lpq  -lm -lcrypt -lexpat
> ./gen_test_char >test_char.h
> ./gen_test_char: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3: cannot open

> However, /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.3 DOES in fact exist on my system.

Dynamic linker messages are notoriously awful :-(.  I suspect that this
message is misleading you.  Perhaps the problem is not that it can't
find libpq.so.3 but that it can't find some other library that
libpq.so.3 depends on.  Try "ldd" on libpq.so.3 and see if it shows any
library references that aren't resolved.
        regards, tom lane