Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: pageinspect / add page_checksum andbt_page_items(bytea) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: pageinspect / add page_checksum andbt_page_items(bytea)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'm struggling to find a good way to share code between
bt_page_items(text, int4) and bt_page_items(bytea).

If we do it via the SQL route, as I had suggested, it makes the
extension non-relocatable, and it will also create a bit of a mess
during upgrades.

If doing it in C, it will be a bit tricky to pass the SRF context
around.  There is no "DirectFunctionCall within SRF context", AFAICT.

I'm half tempted to just rip out the (text, int4) variants.

In any case, I think we should add bytea variants to all the btree
functions, not just the bt_page_items one.

Attached is the remaining patch after the previous commits.