Re: service 'postmaster' failed: signal 12 raised - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Reini Urban
Subject Re: service 'postmaster' failed: signal 12 raised
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Why don't you use a binary build from cygwin.com/setup.exe ?
For debugging postgresql service problems it's advised to use a bash
running under the account SYSTEM, which is called "sysbash" (search
the cygwin mailinglist)

Trick:
Start a bash via AT in the next minute.

signal 12:
#define SIGSYS  12      /* bad argument to system call */
looks like you compiled your postgresql against the old ipcserver2 libs,
which is picked up by configure if you have still installed it.

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/