Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/4/17 01:46, Robert Haas wrote:
>> So I think we should do it, but it needs to be configurable, my original
>> patch added GUC for it, Peter wanted it to be configurable per
>> subscription. I guess we could add it as another option to the list of
>> WITH (...) options for CREATE and ALTER SUBSCRIPTION.
>
> I don't have a terribly well-considered opinion on this point just
> yet, but my initial hunch is that Peter has the right idea.

Basically, we need to have some way of setting this that makes sense in
the global scheme of things.  We don't want a situation where "sometimes
it does this, sometimes it does that".  I'm not set on any specific
mechanism.