Re: SQL-commands does not work - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Swierczek
Subject Re: SQL-commands does not work
Date
List pgsql-novice
> When I try the command createdb mydb from psql, nothing happens.
> I get no response whatsoever.
> My system is Windows XP Professional Edition, and my
> PostgreSQL version is 8.1.3.
>
> I can connect to a database using \c NAME OF DATABASE,
> but when trying SQL-commands, nothing happens.

Forgive me for asking the obvious question, but are you ending your
commands with a semicolon?  Psql doesn't try to do anything until it
gets the semicolon.

pgAdmin III will execute SQL without the semicolon present, although
it will not let you do multiple SQL commands at the same time without
seperating them by semicolons.

-Mike