Re: How to recover when can't start database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to recover when can't start database
Date
List pgsql-admin
"L.Boldareva" <pg@pierro.dds.nl> writes:
> Here is how I got it crashed:
> I compiled a c-procedure and copied the .so file to its place exactly at a
> time when (quite unfortunately) another query was running, that used that
> library.

Hmm, at worst that should only crash one backend, not result in bad data
getting into the WAL log.  If there was no filesystem crash then I have
to suppose that the page number entered in the WAL page split record was
wrong ... but how could that happen if the same page number had just
been used successfully to read the page?

            regards, tom lane