Re: pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_backup_archiver.c - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_backup_archiver.c
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> CREATE CAST (public.lo AS oid) WITH FUNCTION oid (public.lo);
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "." at character 117

This turned out to be a lot easier to fix than I feared it would be.
There are nasty problems that show up if you try to generalize the
production for ConstTypename --- but there was no reason for CREATE/DROP
CAST to be using ConstTypename, they should have been using Typename.

Fix committed into HEAD and 7.3 branch.

            regards, tom lane