Re: Compile error while building postgresql 10.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Compile error while building postgresql 10.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Terry Phelps <tgphelps50@gmail.com> writes:
> I ran configure like this, because it got errors otherwise. OHHHH. I wonder
> if CFLAGS caused this.

> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include  ./configure

That would've been fine, but configure then adds onto what you specified
as CFLAGS.

> And then I ran gmake like this:
> gmake  LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include

And here you overrode the additions.  Just do "gmake" without these
overrides.  If you look into src/Makefile.global you should see that
your initial specifications got into the selected flag variables.